join the monfefo team
Monfefo is Hiring
Monfefo is looking for a Director of Sales and Marketing to lead and support Monfefo’s overall sales strategy.
This role is dynamic in that you report directly to the Founder and play a hands-on role in guiding Monfefo's vision during its high-growth stage. You’ll nurture Monfefo’s existing nationwide distributor and retailer relationships, ensuring benchmark volume, velocity, and supply standards are met, as well as continuing to pursue and develop new business opportunities. This role requires outside the box thinking to see and earn new business where others cannot. You will also own Monfefo’s sales strategy, managing its on the ground support by hiring, training, and mentoring an energetic team of brand ambassadors through several key regions. The role is made for someone with a deep passion and understanding of the natural products landscape, who can take ownership of Monfefo’s categorial growth, and help plot its path forward through new product innovation, and new business development.
- Work directly with Founder, Senior Marketing team, and national/regional account managers to propel Monfefo’s mission, vision, expansion goals, and business strategy.
- Manage existing Regional DSD and National wholesale distributors relationships.
- Lead and execute a sales strategy with a focus on growing distributor volume sales to achieve overall objectives in the market.
- Evaluate rolling forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Compile monthly and quarterly volume and velocity reports and communicate with key stakeholders to ensure business strategy is on track.
- Be accountable for category reviews, as well as actively pursuing and earning new business opportunities throughout various channels.
- Manage and own trade spend: promotional calendars, DSD incentives, and retail programs.
- Provide post-spend insight and analysis.
- Create and present compelling brand decks to new retailers and distributors.
- Work with Monfefo’s Production team to ensure supply chain forecasts are accurate, and to ensure distributor and retail partners are kept in stock.
- Communicate with retailer and distributor partners to ensure key stakeholders are kept up to date on supply chain and production.
- Hire, train, motivate, and lead a team of key market brand ambassadors to execute retailer sampling opportunities.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the natural products industry and have a comprehensive understanding of the category and innovation.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and senior management on Monfefo’s short and long term goals for new innovation, territory expansion, marketing support, budgets, sales, and forecasts.
- 6-12 years of sales leadership experience within a consumer-packaged goods company.
- Must align with Monfefo’s mission and vision.
- Passionate about growing a team and a brand
- Experience in the Natural Products Industry with a background in refrigerated CPG products is preferred.
- Established relationships and experience working with key retail accounts in the region, including Rainforest Distribution preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and respond quickly and efficiently with internal team members.
- Analyze opportunities quickly and have an ability to execute company goals efficiently.
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem solving.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills, along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Full competence with G-Suite and Microsoft Suite, specifically Sheets and Excel.
- Must have a clean driver's license and ability to lift 30 lbs. Much of the position is remote, but a candidate living in the Greater New York City area, with the ability to periodically travel to Monfefo's production facility in Brooklyn, New York, is preferred.